Hoonah Funeral

Page 2 of 2
"Transporting casket to 'Graveyard Island'."

"The photos in this collection were taken by Mrs. Ursula Banks Good, wife of Reverend George Eugene Good, Presbyterian Missionary at Skagway in 1907 and Hoonah, 1911-1915. The Good's had four sons: John William, George Frederick, Kenneth Eugene and Harold Victor. In 1915, the family moved to Strawberry Point where they homesteaded until 1919. Afterward, the family moved to Killisnoo where Ursula taught school and Rev. Good started the Angoon School.

In 1987, the family was honored by the residents of Angoon as a plaque was dedicated to Reverend and Mrs. Good for their efforts in starting the Angoon School. Today (1994) a plaque and photo are displayed at the Angoon School."

The above was taken from the Alaska State Library, as a part of the G. Fred Good Family collection.

Collection: G Fred Good

Photo No: PCA 353 –39